Please see our Library Services during COVID page for the Brandel Library's current policies. See North Park University's COVID-19 update page for more information about how the campus is responding to COVID-19.
Zotero: Personal Research Manager
This guide walks you through Zotero, a free tool for gathering, organizing, searching, and citing sources to create a personal research library.
1. Create an Account
Register for an account at zotero.org.
2. Download Zotero Standalone
3. Install Zotero
Run the file you downloaded. It's fine to accept the default settings.
4. Set Your Zotero Preferences
- Under the Settings menu, go to Preferences
- Go to Sync, enter your username and password, and click OK.
- Go to Cite, select Styles, select your preferred citation style, and click OK.