The library is closed until further notice due to COVID-19. We've put together an FAQ page on library services throughout this closure. See North Park University's COVID-19 update page for more information about how the campus is responding.
Zotero: Personal Research Manager
This guide walks you through Zotero, a free tool for gathering, organizing, searching, and citing sources to create a personal research library.
1. Create an Account
Register for an account at zotero.org.
2. Download Zotero Standalone
3. Install Zotero
Run the file you downloaded. It's fine to accept the default settings.
4. Set Your Zotero Preferences
- Under the Settings menu, go to Preferences
- Go to Sync, enter your username and password, and click OK.
- Go to Cite, select Styles, select your preferred citation style, and click OK.