SOC 2090: Race and Ethnicity
This guide walks you through the sources you'll need as you prepare your final presentation for this class.
Online Encyclopedia Collections
- Gale Virtual Reference LibraryGVRL contains electronic copies of several hundred encyclopedias.
- SAGE eReferenceOnline social science encyclopedias.
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of American Social HistoryCall Number: REF HN57 .O94 2012Publication Date: 2012
- Encyclopedia of Race and RacismPublication Date: 2013
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in Contemporary Politics, Law, and Social MovementsCall Number: REF E184.S75 O968 2015Publication Date: 2015
- Africana: the Encyclopedia of the African and African-American ExperienceCall Number: REF DT14 .A37435 2005Publication Date: 2005
Start Your Research with Reference Sources
Reference sources can help you jumpstart your research project by:
- providing a quick overview of a topic,
- identifying key questions that can shape your research,
- pointing you towards other sources on the topic.
Check the Bibliography
Reference articles typically end with a bibliography or works cited, which you can use to find key books and articles on the topic.