CORE 3000: Bystander Intervention
What is a Literature Review?
- Set the background on what has been researched on a topic.
- Show why a topic is significant to a subject area.
- Discover relationships between ideas.
- Identify major themes & concepts.
- Identify critical gaps & points of disagreement.
- Help the researcher turn a network of articles into a coherent view of the literature.
Worksheet: Literature Review, Silva-Martinez et. al.
Sample Article: Silva-Martínez, E., Stylianou, A. M., Hoge, G. L., Plummer, S., McMahon, S., & Postmus, J. L. (2016). Implementing a Financial Management Curriculum With Survivors of IPV: Exploring Advocates’ Experiences. Affilia: Journal of Women & Social Work, 31(1), 112–128.