GS 2050: Tech for Professional Development
Start Your Search Here
- Full-text journal articles and book chapters on a variety of topics in education including curriculum, standards, and special education.
- Provides the full text of many newspapers published nationally and internationally.
Tips and Tricks:
When using both of these databases, select "NEWS, MAGAZINE, TRADE" under Format.
Try some different keywords and phrases:
free community college
college tuition programs
college finance and graduation rate
Scholarly VS Popular
Use the following criteria to decide if a publication is popular or scholarly.
Scholarly journal articles are generally:
- written by experts in the field for an informed reader
- followed by a bibliography
- include the credentials of the author (s)
Popular magazine articles are often:
- written by staff reporters
- shorter in length
- aimed at the general public
- Example: Time Magazine