Please see our Library Services during COVID page for the Brandel Library's current policies. See North Park University's COVID-19 update page for more information about how the campus is responding to COVID-19.
BTS 1850: Introduction to the Bible (Nassif)
- Concordances list the occurrences of words in the Bible.
- These are usually focused on one language (Hebrew, Greek) or a specific translation of the the Bible. Brandel Library has English concordances for many of the widely used translations.
- Here is the concordance for the New Living Translation (NLT).
- When you identify key words in the Letter of James, you can search their occurrences in the entire letter.
- This allows you to examine
- patterns of usage (do all or most of the occurrences appear in a certain passage? in several key passages? or throughout the letter as a theme?)
- or relationships
- to other words (is the word used in in conjunction or contrast to another?)
- and to usages in related books of the New Testament
- or by related authors (does other NT writer(s) use the same word in similar ways? or different ways?).
- Bible Gateway is an online resource that can function as a concordance.
- It allows you to search for specific words in the text and provides the full-text of many different translations of the Bible, including the New Living Translation.
- Select the NLT from the drop-down list of translations and enter your passage in the search box.