BTS 1850: Introduction to the Bible (Hunter and Rios)
Finding Commentaries in Brandel Library
Bible Commentaries provide interpretations of Scripture passages.
How to Find Bible Commentaries For Your Final Paper
Go to the Reference Collection and browse.
Books are organized by subject. Remember: Reference Collection books cannot leave the library. Please read in the building or scan/photocopy what you need.
Search the Library Catalog.
Narrow search to 'books and more' then type series title and biblical book title into search box
for example: "NIV Application Commentary Philippians" or "Word Biblical Commentary Luke"
Some recommended series to get you started:
* you must use at least two starred series for your final paper
- The Anchor Bible*
- The New International Commentary on the Old Testament*
- The New International Commentary on the New Testament*
- The NIV Application Commentary*
- Word Biblical Commentary*
- Story of God Commentary
- Zondervan Exegetical
- Baker Exegetical
- The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- The New Interpreter's Bible Commentary