BTS 1850: Introduction to the Bible (Hunter and Rios)
Resources discussed during Library Visit
Why use Bible Dictionaries?
Bible Dictionaries define and explain biblical words, events, people, and themes, sometimes at considerable length.
This preliminary understanding will be helpful when you move on to research in commentaries, journal articles, and books related to your passage.
We recommend the following sources to begin your research. However, we have several more Bible Dictionaries in our collection that you can find using our library catalog!
New Interpreter's Dictionary
- The New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, 5 vols. byCall Number: Ref BS440 .N443 2006
IVP Bible Dictionaries - New Testament
- Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels, 2nd ed. byCall Number: Reference - BS2555.2 .D53 2013
- Dictionary of Paul and His Letters byCall Number: Reference - BS2650.2 .D53 1993
- Dictionary of the Later New Testament and Its Developments byCall Number: Reference - BS2625.5 .D53 1997
- Dictionary of New Testament Background byCall Number: Reference - BS2312 .D53 2000