BIBL5111: Greek Exegesis
Covenant Archives and Historical Library
Visiting the Archives
The Archives and Special Collections is located in the lower level of Brandel Library. To protect our collections the following rules are enforced:
- All coats and bags must be placed in the reading room closet before the session begins.
- There is no food or drinks allowed in the archives.
- Researchers and students are permitted to use pencils (no pens) and notebooks or laptop computers during the instruction or research session.
- Photographing most material is allowed - just no flash photography. Requests for scans will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Students may be invited to handle some of the material presented during the session. Please observe special instructions for each item.
If the session includes a tour through the climate controlled closed stacks, students are required to move through the space with the archivist and other guides. Students are not permitted to handle materials in the closed stacks.
The F.M. Johnson Archives and Special Collections holds material in a wide variety of formats including:
- Print documents
- Serials (newspapers, yearbooks etc)
- Audio visual materials
- Digital collections
- Art and artifacts
History of the Covenant Collection
The Covenant Archives and Historical Library is the official repository for the records of the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) and North Park University (NPU). Created in 1935 with the founding of the ECC's Commission on Covenant History, the archives was first housed in the Covenant administrative offices. In 1958 it was moved to the North Park campus where it occupied the room that in Nyvall Hall that is now called N25.
In 2001 the Brandel Library was built and the Covenant Archives and Historical Library was moved to the lower level of the library. The reading room and climate controlled closed stacks area was funded in part by the family of F. M. Johnson.